Friday, July 13, 2012

Summer Fun: Ice Cream


I almost skipped today, because I am tired. Originally, I was going to work on this yesterday, but wound up playing amateur mechanic instead, trying to get my roommate's car running. Then today I worked 9 hours before I had to go grocery shopping. And I haven't been sleeping well. I thought about skipping this one all together, since I wasn't all that thrilled with the only idea I was able to come up with, but I already had the base color on and figured I might as well.

I was going to do this as a splatter. But again, too tired. So not in the mood for clean up.

Do you know how hard it is to get good lighting on your feet? Especially at 8 pm. Pardon the poor photo. I did take several more, but they came out even worse. Read: tired.

In the end, I decide that when it comes to mint chocolate chip, dots work just as well.

I used Brash "Green Machine" and S•X•Y "Dreamy Cocoa." My first time using the second one, and as of yet, no real opinion other than I like the color. I like the bottle shape (there's a picture of it on the stash page). I like prism bottles (i.e. bottles that are the same shape from top to bottom, rather than a pot with a handle brush). I think they are visually appealing in a mod sort of way, and are convenient to store. My problem is that since this one is a rectangular prism, rather than the usual cylinder, I can't get the cap to go back on straight. It's always offset by half a turn, no matter what I do. Most annoying.

P.S. I found Seche Vite at Target today for $4.99. It's the first time I've ever seen it there, and it was $1.50-$2 cheaper than I've seen it anywhere else, so I picked it up. Haven't used it yet, but I'm hoping it lives up to the hype!



2 comments:

  1. Get some sleep, girl! And you will love your Seche Vite - you can do your nails right before bed, and then slap a coat of this stuff on. Give it maybe five minutes and by the time you get into bed, you won't have to worry about smudges! Plus it makes every mani look professional. :) My bottle is getting close to empty, so I may need to make a trip to Target. Heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, do hurry. I know my store only had two left. I was quite surprised to see it all, so I just couldn't resist.

    And now, to sleep, if I can.

    ReplyDelete