Friday, July 6, 2012

Lust objects

Polish that helps your nails
I thought I'd gotten over the bad case of peeling nails I've been battling for the last several weeks, but I just can't seem to kick them. I'm currently lusting after the Dermelect polish That Polish Insomniac swatched a while back. My shoestring won't reach far enough for $14 a bottle, so my next option is scouring the internet for a less expensive, comparable product.

Mirror Metallics!
I only just posted this week about Essie suddenly being available in my area, and about my love affair with metallic and foil polishes, and then Essie goes and releases a whole line of metallics!

Purple is the color of Royalty
Can anyone resist this luscious purple? I just adore it. There really isn't anything else to say.

It's hot, hot, hot!
Love, Varnish, Chocolate recently posted a mani featuring Nfu-oh: 45 over black, and it looks like you are staring into an active volcano. It's so cool!

True Blood Cosmetics
Okay, you caught me. I'm a fangirl. HSN recently announced that they will be selling a set of True Blood inspired beauty products through their website. They're sold in sets, and are produced by Deborah Lippmann--and of course, the colors have awesome names. They make my inner goth squee (not that a goth would ever get caught mid-squee. But I know it's there).

Birchbox
Being a broke novice in the world of beauty, I can't think of a better way to get to know some of the different products out there than through the Birchbox, but I'm rather torn when it comes to signing up. $10 is well within my budget to at least try it out. BUT, I have a problem: my allergies. I'm allergic to most fragrances and soy. Perfumes can make my tongue swell and my throat close up, and I once passed out in a Bath and Body Works. Maybelline mascara has made my eyes swell shut, and I have to be very particular about the skincare products that I use. Does anyone have a subscription? Do they have an allergy form that you can fill out? I know that a lot of high end makeup includes fragrances, and I just have this idea that if I sign up, I won't be able to use anything in the box. I'm on the fence. Worth a go or not? Leave a comment to weigh in.

Converse x DC
What could be better than pairing my favorite sneakers with my favorite heroes? I especially love these Harley Quinn sneakers. I only wish they had Nightwing.

No comments:

Post a Comment