Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th of July Mani, or, I Have Fireworks on my Nails

Since I did a Canadian themed manicure, I figured I should probably do one for the 4th of July, too.
Two coats of Pure Ice "Siren," three coats of Maybelline Color Show "Porcelain Party," and one coat of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri "Blue By."

I wasn't too concerned about the solids, since I wanted to dress them up a bit.

What, you didn't think I'd leave it like that, did you?

No, the real attraction is this:
Two coats of China Glaze "Ruby Pumps" with a layer of Essie "Set in Stones;" three coats of "Set in Stones;" two coats of "Dororthy Who?" with one of "Set in Stones."

It's just a simply layering tecnique, nothing to fancy, but it's shiny! Sparkles! And completely distracting when I'm trying to do anything with my hands. I may or may not get any knitting or writing done until after I take it off!


I'll post more details about the polishes I used later, when I get a chance to swatch them. I will say that this mani lasted for several days without any chipping or tip wear. I'm so impressed! Makes me want to replace every color I have with Essie or CG variants!

No comments:

Post a Comment