Thursday, June 7, 2012

Welcome to G.O.A.S.T.

Bonjour, and welcome to Girl on a Shoestring, a blog about fashion, manicures, and surviving on half a shoestring budget.

A few things about me:

  • I’m not a professional. I’m just a retail minion with a manicure addiction who can no longer afford to have them done professionally (Thanks, Sallie Mae). Most of what I do is trial and error, with help from a few online tutorials and other nail blogs.
  • I’m still pretty new to the world of art manicures, so this blog is as much about me learning and sharing my successes and failures as it is about sharing pretty pictures and fabulous finds.
  • On this blog, I’ll be showing some the great cheap stuff that I come across, both online and in brick and mortar stores. I love finding hidden treasures in unexpected places, like Target, Marshalls, and the local thrift shop, but I also spend too much time on websites like Etsy, Amazon, and Blogger. Every Friday I’ll be sharing my Find of the Week.
  • I don't use fake nails.
  • When I’m not painting my nails or window shopping, I’m reading, writing, knitting, spinning, sewing, and generally making stuff. If you want to know more about that, then you can find my personal blog here.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope that you come back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment