Thursday, June 28, 2012

Heroes vs Villians #6: Sleeping Beauty



Keeping with the gradient theme, I tried to to another one. This time, it didn't turn out quite so well. I got kind of a cool effect, but I was sort of pissed off when I was working on it and I might have taken it out on the nail polish.

I used Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear in Fuchsia Power for the base, and Insta-Dri Fast Dry Nail Color in Blue By for the gradient.

Note to self: Don't take out your frustrations on your manicure.
I have the same complaint about Fuchsia Power that I do about the entire Xtreme Wear line: It's quite sheer and takes forever to dry. There are at least two coats in these photos. I think on some of my nails (mainly on the right hand, though) I did a third coat just before doing the gradient because it was too streaky and I could still see nail through it.


It also didn't mix very well with the blue for some reason, which made the application very difficult. In the end I did a layer of blended color, followed by one where I just sponged on blue by itself. To top it off, I had tip wear and chips within 24 hours, even with a top coat. Grr.

I think I'm just going to swatch for the rest of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment