Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Heroes vs Villians #5: Maleficent

Maleficent is probably the greatest evil queen of all time, and she's frequently referenced as being the Most Evil Villain Ever. And what would the Most Evil wear on her nails?

Something simple and elegant, I think. But with a bit of an edge.

I've been wanting to try a gradient again, ever since my last botched attempt. This time I used a cosmetic sponge (half of one, actually. Waste not, want not). It came out sooo much better this time around.

I used that new Milani I showed you last week for the base. I did three coats, then topped it off with Sally Hansen Diamond Strength Instant Nail Hardener. While writing Friday's post, I was interrupted and had to go out before I could apply my topcoat. Without it, this color is very easily damaged.

The next morning, I was able to do the gradient. The black is Pure Ice "Touch Me Here," and I polished it all off with my quick dry top coat.

I just love this mani. The purple gets some really great depth once you add a top coat, and the addition of a gradient makes it even more so. Writing this, I just keep stopping to look at it.
It'll be a shame to take it off for the hero portion!

No comments:

Post a Comment