Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday Finds

It's Friday! That means I get to show off some of the cool stuff I've found lately.

Okay, so I've got one new find and one older one, but they go so well together that I had to share both.

The boots are by Blowfish. I found them around Christmas for $10 on clearance. They would have originally sold for about $60-70. They were the last pair left, and they fit perfectly. The shape of the heel took a little getting used to, but I love wearing them. They're just the right height for me. I love the sensible heel, and it is an endangered species.
I have no idea where the belt came from since the tag was missing and it doesn't have any marks on it, but it was also on clearance and I found it for $4. Yes, $4. I love the look and the triple buckles, but I will have to add a little bit of ribbon to the inside of it. Because of the way the buckles are set up, the tail that would normally be on the outside and slide into the belt loop on a pair of jeans is on the inside, front and center and has a tendency to slide downwards, which is both uncomfortable and unsightly.

Both of these came from Marshalls, which is one of my favorite places to shop for just about everything. And I think you can see why!

I love these pieces because they are both absolutely perfect for a steampunk costume and they were super cheap and super cute. I'll be sure to share pictures of the costume once I put it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment