Friday, September 28, 2012

Stamping Kit Part II


A couple of weeks ago, I shared with you a few images from the super cheap stamping kit my roommate got me. However, I didn't share any images of the kit itself at that time.

This is what you get in the package, along with a small instruction sheet that is not overly helpful:
 
Dual ended stamper, plate holder, scraper, and five plates. 

Here are some close ups, with a penny for scale. If you are a European reader, our penny is about the size of a .02 euro coin. I'm not sure how it compares to Aussie currency, having never seen any. 
The small end of the stamper.

The large end.

And a couple shots of the plates themselves. Note the size of the "full nail" images: 


Obviously, this is the only plate I haven't stamped from yet.

The kit didn't contain any kind of storage, so for $1.99 I picked up a mini photo album from Michael's:

Right now I'm only doing one plate per pocket, but if my collection expands I might look into mounting them on cardstock or something, so that I can get 2 per pocket. This could also, theoretically, eliminate the need for the plate holder (I know some people don't like them, but I found it somewhat handy). 

The album also is a good place to store the scraper and plate holder. 

I haven't come up with a way to store the stamper, other than maybe knitting a small drawstring bag to hold both the album and the stamper, but I haven't put that much thought into it yet. For now they are living on a corner of my desk, and don't seem too upset about it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment