Wednesday, September 12, 2012

From the Vault





I'm playing around with something new this week that I'm not quite ready to share, so I pulled an older mani out of the vault. I did this one back in July for the Good Guys car show here in Columbus, which is the largest car show in the Midwest (and if I remember correctly, the eastern half of the US).

Colors Used:
Pure Ice "Touch Me Here" (black)
Maybelline Color show "Porcelain Party" (white)
Sally Hansen Insta-Dri "Lightening" (yellow)
Claire's Nail Art Pen (for the black details on the street sign)

I love going to car shows. I'm a total classic car nut, even if I know next to nothing about engines. My dream car? A Chevrolet Impala convertible in a blue/black duochrome with blue leather interior. I'm not picky about the year--I'll take anything from 1958-1967. Here is a '58 a friend of my dad's recently acquired:

Please ignore the awful photo of me. In my defense, it was 106 degrees in the shade that day (I heard the race track was 140ยบ F). If it tells you anything, we arrived at 7:30. By eight a.m., both my sunblock and my makeup had given up the ghost and were puddled at my feet. I spent part of the afternoon wrapped in a towel my dad had enough forethought to stick in the cooler before he left the house (that towel is god. I would have built a shrine to it if I'd had the energy at one point). (P.S. Not a great shot, but that's Dad's truck there behind me.)

This isn't even remotely polish related, but I thought it was funny. Spied in the back of a 50's pickup:
Those are old school roller skates, in case you couldn't tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment