Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Holy Demolition, Batman! (Part 1)

[Heehee. I found that quote here, in case you're wondering. I thought it was fitting, considering it's comic book theme week for the Geek Challenge.]


So yesterday I was nominated not once, but twice for the Liebster award, which is given to nail bloggers with less than 200 followers. Many thanks to Delight in Nails and Nails for the Sake of Sanity for the props!

So here are the award rules:
  • Post 11 facts about yourself
  • Answer the questions the tagger has asked you and then create 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate
  • Choose 11 people with less than 200 followers to give this award to and link to them
  • Go to their pages and tell them (Remember no tag backs!)
Since I was nominated twice, I'm going to split my responses into 2 posts. Today, I'll do the first 11 facts and questions, and the second tomorrow. Today, I'm looking at the questions posed by Nails for the Sake of Sanity:

Fun Facts:
1. Sophia isn't my real name. It's an internet handle I came up with in college when I got sick of the anime-themed one I'd been using since middle school. "Sophia Rowan" is two aspects that I want to embody: Sophia means wisdom, while Rowan is a tree that symbolizes protection.
2. My pen name, Sophia Beaumont, came about in a similar fashion--but Beaumont is a nod to Montreal, since it means "Beautiful mountain."
3. In case you haven't guessed, my favorite city is Montreal.
4. I live with my roommate and best friend of nine years.
5. I have a kitty, but he doesn't live with me right now. My parents are taking care of him until we can afford the pet fee for our apartment.
6. We'll probably end up moving before that happens.
7. I love cars, especially classic Chevy's from the 50s and 60s.
8. My dream car is a 1960 Chevy Impala, with a dark blue/black exterior and powder blue interior. Convertible.
9. I love anything with fur and four legs.
10. Spiders occasionally make me scream.
11. I'm addicted to sour candy. And chocolate.

Questions:
1. How did you get into nail art?
I hadn't really painted my nails in years, but then my roommate showed me some incredible Mario-themed art manicures, and I had to try them for myself. It's been downhill from there.
2. What is your favorite manicure of yours so far? (please include photo)
Probably my sea creature manicure. It turned out way better than I expected!

3. If you could have any polish, what would it be?
OPI Black Spotted.
4. Favorite polish brand?

At the moment? China Glaze or Essie.
5. Ultimate dream job?
Writer/knit designer/blogger/social media guru.
6. Favorite animal and why?
Cats, because they are adorable, and also flamingos because they are so goofy. I love anything that makes me laugh.
7. What is your favorite quote?
Fe=iron. Male=man. Therefore, I am Iron Man.
8. What is one thing that you are really particular or picky about?
Lots of things, but the main one that comes to mind is organization at work. It seems like no one puts anything away properly, and then I get all anal organizing hangers and fixtures instead of doing the stuff I'm supposed to.
9. Where do you get inspiration for your nails?
Other blogs, comics, deviantart, pinterest, television, patterns I see on clothing, particular color combinations I see together...
10. What place (country, city, etc) would you most like to visit and why?
I adore Canada, Ireland, and the UK and would love to go back. I've always wanted to go to France, but so far I've mostly just seen the airport. I also want to see Germany and Japan.
11. Why do you do nail blogging? In other words, what do you get out of it or hope to get out of it? In real life I'm kind of antisocial. I talk way more with my keyboard than I with my mouth! Blogging is a creative outlet that lets me get instant responses (unlike with the fiction I write), lets me meet new people, share ideas, and at the same time spread the word about stuff I'm working on--like the Geek Nail Challenge, or my short story that was just published in July. (Yes that was a shameless plug. :D )

Since I subscribe to over a hundred blogs of various types, I'll post my tag list tomorrow once I've had a chance to figure out who has less than 200 followers with the best content. Hint: There are going to be a lot of typewriters!

No comments:

Post a Comment